What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a synthetic tooth root that may be used to create a replacement tooth, after a natural tooth has been lost. Dental implants are made with a special titanium alloy that can fuse directly with your bone just like a natural tooth root. At Rochester Hills Dental, we recommend dental implants as perfect tooth replacement options, because dental implants are the only tooth restorative service that restores both the tooth root and the crown.
Why Choose a Dental Implant?
- Dental implants create perfect replacements for teeth that look and feel natural.
- Each dental implant is restored with a beautiful, high quality porcelain crown that looks exactly like a natural tooth. No one will be able to tell that you have a dental implant.
- After a tooth is lost, the bone underneath the gums may start to deteriorate without support from the tooth root. Other restorative procedures replace the crown, but do not replace the tooth root portion of the lost tooth. Dental implants provide the support that your jawbone needs to prevent deterioration and to keep your jawbone healthy. Patients who choose dental implants look younger and healthier longer.
- Dental implants are easy to care for and to maintain. You can brush your implant along with your regular teeth.
- A dental implant is comfortable and long lasting. Titanium implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
If you’ve lost a tooth and want to enjoy the benefits of a full lasting smile again, a dental implant may be the right option for you. To find out more about your dental implant options, call us at our office. We would be happy to meet with you, and to answer any questions you might have. Tooth loss doesn’t have to mean smile loss. Call us today.